Sunday, August 2, 2009

Taylor???!!!

Okay, I need some thoughts on this... Taylor has been beating his head on the ground everytime he gets mad or doesn't get what he wants. He has a huge bruise on his head, well his whole forehead looks like a big bruise and I don't know what to do to stop him. I talk to him about how that hurts and not to do it, but then he just does it again. People are seriously going to think I beat him! I will have to post a picture tomorrow. I am just fed up with him acting this way and not sure how to get him past it. If you have any ideas let me know!!

5 comments:

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

Oh T - I use to do that too! The DR told my mom - to just pick me up - move me off the hard floor (to carpet or bed) and let me bang it out - - - i turned out okay - - ;)

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Do you remember that John went through that phase too? I don't remember him bruising but he hit his head a lot too when he got mad. He grew out of it... Good luck that is way frustrating!

Julie said...

so that pic looks like my pictures when I was his age - but it was my whole face and head. My mom said I tripped over a stick and my head landed on a log - i was very bruised and my mom said every one gave her dirty looks. good luck T!!!

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

Faith, my oldest used to do it too whenever she was angry. I don't really have much advise about what to do besides what the others have said. Just pick him up and move him to a "safe area". Try not to let it get to you too much, he'll get through this phase faster than you'll think and then when your friends are complaining about the same thing you'll say "Oh yea, I remember when .... would do that". :)

Jessica said...

Hey I found ya'. Cute family.
Yeah, I would just give him a pillow;) The more attention or times you say "no" the more appealing it becomes... at least with my kids.