Friday, August 19, 2011

First day of First Grade!


So it was John's first day of school yesterday! He likes to say: "It's my first day of first grade mom!" He thought he was pretty clever when he came up with that. I thought it was pretty cute! For about a week before school started when I would ask him if he was excited for school he would get a very sad face start rubbing my arm and say "I am nervouse for you" how cute is that!! I think he was nervouse for himself but for him to say that was so preciouse-pulled on the heart strings. But when the day of school arrived he didn't even want me to drive him to school he wanted my neighbor to (we car pool and he wanted it to be her week) but I told him it was his first day of school and I would be taking him. He absolutely loved his first day of school! he said it was "GREAT!" He loves that he gets 3 recesses (one being after lunch), P.E. twice a week, that they have a big screen tv in their room (a projector screen), and that he has friends from last year in his class too. I am so glad that he loves it! I hope he continues to like school for years to come!

So I am such a dork- this is a picture of John's first lunch! I have never made school lunch before and I was pretty excited for myself. I also wrote him a quick little note that he brought home and showed me- he read it to me and gave me a big hug! How sweat!

John working on Bell Work at his desk:

No comments: